Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wedding

Tonight I went to my first pagen wedding, or sould I say hand fasting (i think thats how it is spelled). It was very lovely, you culd feel the love between the two as you watched them go through the cerimony. He cerimony its self was very nice. It made me wonder if this was the type of weddings that we performed back in the day, im talking way back. It was held under the night sky with a full moon looking down and candles and lanterns to give light. Its very different from modern weddings but you know what, as long as the two people are commiting them self to eachother it doesnt matter how the cerimony is done. Its funny now a days you get married you have to get a marage license, which cost money then if you want a divorce, you pay hundreds of dollars just to "legally" say you are no longer with this person. The simplicity of the weddings back in the day. I am glad I was able to witness the joining of my two friends. I am also so greatful to have had my wedding to my husband. Mine wasnt an all out expensive wedding. We bought the license and my church performed the cerimony, some of the women of my church decorated and made my cake and refreshments. The women did such a wonderful job at putting my wedding together at the last minute. And what a relief it was not to go crazy over the planning. But to me no matter how big or small, how expensive or non expensive it is, the part that matters is that you are giving yourself to your partner and they are doing the same. I love my husband with all my heart and soul!!

No comments:

Post a Comment