Wednesday, August 17, 2011

lds.net blog III

sin and repentance 3/14/11

 We all are sinners, for there was only one perfect human being and that was Jesus Christ. We must repent for our sins so they may be erased from our book. But what happens when you are truly sorry for the things you do and yet you can't help but do them? I am a smoker. Yes I want to stop. But its not as easy as it seems. I can say tomorrow I am going to quit, I am no longer going to buy anymore packs, but the craving is still there. I pray to Heavenly Father to give me the strength to no longer want them and to quit but yet I still "light up". Am I truly sorry that I have this habit, yes. Do I truly want to stop, yes.  Even though I continue to do this will Heavenly Father show compassion and forgive me even though I know it is wrong but yet I am shackled to my habit and I can not break free? That goes for drinking alcohol (occasionally), drinking caffeine, coffee, eating meat every day, my piercings and tattoos, my foul language? Of coarse my falling away from the church had a great part in it, if I would have stayed in the church my life would have been different. But yet I am striving to do better, to change my ways, to break free of my bondage and let loose the shackles around me. Does Heavenly Father forgive me and know I want to change? I wish it could happen over night, but I know it can't. I want to go to the temple, I want to partake of the sacrament, I want my patriarchal blessing, I want to be able to say I am Mormon/lds and the people who I am telling don't give me a confused look because I have a cigarette in my hand. Oh Heavenly Father help me to do what is right! I want to return to live with you for all time and eternity. I want to gain celestial glory. Oh the burdens of my continual sinning are too much to carry, the weight of them I feel everyday. Give me strength to follow thee, oh Lord. I ask thee for your help. I ask thee for your forgiveness. I love thee, oh Lord. Please help me.


No comments:

Post a Comment