Friday, August 12, 2011

My past makes me, me!

I have noticed recently that when I watch, listen to or look at something from my childhood it takes me back and makes me feel so safe and secure. Why is that? Its just memories, its not like I am living in that time again. Granted during some of my teenage years I made a lot of mistakes, there are somethings that I loved. Me living alone in my house kind of takes me back to when I was in high school. I practically lived in my room. I had my TV, a recliner, my stereo, everything that is in a front room I had in my room, well almost everything I didn't have a couch. I used to watch TV or sometime I would play music and sing, read...the only thing different now is that I don't have my dad in the same house. But yet I noticed I don't feel as secure as I did back then. I honestly wish I could go back and live my childhood/teen years. But of coarse I would love to change some things, mostly I would have my mom alive. No matter hard my childhood was growing up without here, it was my childhood and I love it, because it is what makes me me. I have learned from mistakes, heart break, triumph and misses. And I am happy with myself no matter what my past was.

No comments:

Post a Comment