Monday, August 8, 2011

Rich or Poor

I always ask myself, do I want to be rich or do I want to be poor?  Most people will say well I want to be rich. But is that me? Yes being rich means having a lot of money, and with this economy who wouldn't want all that money?  But having too much money and being material about it isn't good either.  I see rich people and I see how sad they can be.  Yes they have money and they do not have to worry about how they are going to pay this bill and that bill, yes they can afford to go on vacations every month if not every day.  But is there truly love in their home? Money does not buy love.
I get tired of worrying about how this bill is going to get paid or if we are going to have enough money to pay that bill.  But when I really think about it I think I do not want to be rich.   Yes I would love for my husband not to be away over the road working his butt off, barely eating and sleeping.  For him to be home every night by my side.  It would be nice when the bills and the paychecks come in to be able to pay them, instead of figuring out what bill could hold off till the next pay day.  Yes it would be nice to be able not to live from payday to payday and not stress over finances.  I think that is all I ask, is to not stress over bills, to have enough money coming in that we are not working ourselves to death and yet we are able to spend more time with each other.  No I don't want to be rich.  I think being rich could hurt relationships.  
To me I am not poor, I am rich. Richer that what money can bring me.  I have a husband, whom I love and loves me, we may not have a perfect relationship but tell me who does (if you say you do then something is wrong somewhere in your relationship, we are all different people and conflicts arise, how we deal with them is what keeps our relationship working), I have the love of the gospel in my life, my church, the love from my Heavenly Father, The CTS family that has adopted me as one of their own, family members that worry about me and call me just to make sure I am alright.  I maybe home alone, but I am love.  And having Love makes you richer than all the money in the world.  
I may worry and stress over how to pay the bills and feed my husband that is driving over the country but that is small compared to the love I have in my life. The gospel has helped me out a lot and putting my faith in my Heavenly Father to know that he will provides a way makes every day "poorness" (according to the world because we do not make more than their standard) not there.  I am rich, Richer that any worldly rich person out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment