Wednesday, August 17, 2011

lds.net blog

 Your Happily Ever After  3/11/11 


Today I had a visit from the sister missionaries in our area. It was a nice visit.  They shared with me a message from the Ensign May 2010 magazine. The article that they read from was entitled Your Happily Ever After by President <SPAN>Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  As we go through out life we kind of loose sight of our happily ever after.  I know I tend to do that when things are tough, when there are trials ahead that I feel I can not over come.  But like President Uchtdorf said, Heavenly Father has given us a map to our happily ever after.  I think I have to find my map again, take it out, dust it off and try to find my way back on the right path to that great big castle upon the hill.  I know if I read and study my scriptures that they have clues on how to get on that path and continue the journy. At times it feels hard, some times it feels like I am never going to get there.  But I am going to keep on striving, I am going to cut down my obstacles and hope that I make my happily ever after.  I leave the ending quote from President Ucht/dorf:  As an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, I leave you my blessing and give you a promise that as you accept and live the values and principles of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, “[you] will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.”And the day will come when you turn the final pages of your own glorious story; there you will read and experience the fulfillment of those blessed and wonderful words: “And they lived happily ever after.” Of this I testify in the holy name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment