Sunday, August 21, 2011

Today brought on a blessing.

     This morning I was woken up by Heavenly Father's angels to get up and get ready for church. I had set my alarm to wake me up an hour earlier and some how I had turned it off. Heavenly Father had a message for me today and he gave it through the speakers and my Sunday school class. Now that I have received his message I need to apply it to my life, and be diligent in keeping them and doing them each and every day. Today's talks hit me, this is what was needed and now I must apply this message.
          1st talk: Scripture Study.
                       * Need to do it everyday, you will get to know god through his words and it brings the spirit into your life.
                       * Set a time every day for it to be done. Me I like to read after I come home from work, a chapter a night and no less. (if the chapter is really long then I do break it down)
          2nd talk: Personal Revelation.
                        * Personal revelation comes to me through the Holy Ghost.
          3rd talk: Documentation of Personal Revelation.
                        * Record your blessings, promises are fulfilled as you live righteously.
                        * If you can't think of anything to write down, write your testimony in your journal.
                        * Don't focus on the negative or positive just be honest in your journal writing.
                        * It is commanded of the prophets to keep a journal. (this I need help in doing)
         4th talk: Prayer in Jesus Name.
                        * Pray for people and certain situations when prompted, you never know when the prayer is needed.
                        * The proper way to pray; use Heavenly Fathers name, thank him for the blessings, ask of him, close in the name of Jesus. Use thee and thou instead of you.
                        * Prayer is a two way communication with God.
                        * Pray with a sincere heart.
                        * Prayer helps us over come being not worthy.
                        * When you don't feel like praying get on your knees and pray till you feel like praying.
                        * Pray always, frequently, have a prayer in your heart, you may not always be able to get on
                              your knees.
                         * Take time for long prayers, even though short prayers are heard and answered also.
                         * God hears you prayers and answers them in his own time, sometimes he makes us wait for an answer to learn what we need to learn.
                         * God may say no to something you have asked, he does that for a reason.
                         * Pray for people needing the truth, pray for missionaries and church leaders, pray for strangers, and pray for strength to be an example.








No comments:

Post a Comment