Wednesday, August 17, 2011

lds.net blog IV

The Lord works in mysterious ways   4/7/11

On September 10th 2001 I was pulled around the county fair trying to find a radio station so I could be proposed to by James. 10 years later here we are still together, through the thick and thin; trials and triumphs. I often prayed to Heavenly Father to let me know if he was truely the one. Of coarse if signs were there I never saw them and we continued our lives the way it was, living together but never taking the plunge into marrage.  Then on March 31st, james suprized me by calling the President of my branch wanting to get married.  We set it up and on April 2nd we were married in a last minute thrown together wedding. My prayers were answered.  My relief society president put together such a beautiful recieption. After 10 years of living together we are finally husband and wife.  I thought that it couldn't get any better than that but I was wrong. James kept on suprizing me. He expressed that he wants to become a member of the church and after years of saying he did not want children he ended up asked the president about adoption through the church. He also knows that the temple holds a sacred place in my heart and asked me if I can now attend the temple.  Through out these years I prayed to Heavenly Father for a family of my own and to help me become worthy to go to the temple.  The Lord is answering my prayers!! I know that I will not be able to go tomorrow to the temple tomorrow per say, but now I can move closer to becoming worthy. I know that financially we can not afford to adopt right now, but that option is open.  I now have a husband and I can now say I am starting to make my own family. I am greatful that the Lord has provided these blessings to me. I look foward to the day when all my prayers are answered and fulfilled and I will not give up hope on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment