Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Patriarchal blessing

     It has been bugging me lately to receive my Patriarchal blessing.  So today when I get off of work I am going to jam to Concordia to have an interview with the Branch President to see if I am worthy to receive my blessing.  Some of you may be wondering what is a Patriarchal Blessing. This is what lds.org says a Patriarchal Blessing is: Patriarchal blessings are given to worthy members of the Church by ordained patriarchs. Patriarchal blessings include a declaration of a person's lineage in the house of Israel and contain personal counsel from the Lord. As a person studies his or her patriarchal blessing and follows the counsel it contains, it will provide guidance, comfort, and protection.  It is a blessing (prayer) that is received that if you follow the commandments the promises can be fulfilled. 
     For years it has been bugging me because I have not received mine.  A few months ago I was able to receive a copy of my mom's Patriarchal Blessing and some of the things that were promised to her I have seen came true.  (I am not going to go into detail about them, for they are very personal).  It made me cry to see how much was so true.   
     I can't wait to get off of work to night and head to the church.  

No comments:

Post a Comment