Saturday, August 13, 2011

Slavery is still alive today.

In this day and age we think that slavery. Was abolished. But honestly was it really? Yes the African-Americans and other races were no longer servants without pay but was slavery really taken away? I say no. Today there is still slavery. But see not everyone calls it that, they call it life. I say we are slaves today. One way we are slaves is to money, without money we could not exist. Think about it, we need money to eat, to live, to buy things. And what do we do we work our butts off to gain just a little piece of paper and tin. Tell me when is the last time you got free food, without going to a food pantry or home grown. Even home grown food isn't free, you have to pay for the live stock and seeds, you have to pay for the water and food. Then depending on how much you own you have to pay for labor. Oh I forgot that pretty little mortgage on the house and land. Everything revolves around money. We are slaves to the American dollar. Without that we would be homeless and starving. And how do we get money, by slaving away at work. Tell me what is free in this world. I think the only thing that is free is my farts. Sorry but its the facts. I would love to be marooned on a unknown, deserted island. Where I would have to make my own house, grow my own food and not pay a dime to do it. Oh yes that would be paradise. I think I was born in the wrong time and wrong place. I dream of a life where I am not a slave to money or my job. Where I don't have to pay outrageous prices to eat. I dream of my own island called Alora island.

No comments:

Post a Comment