Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chango's suprize!

Today I got a suprize. Chango called me last night and said they were coming by the house and he would be able to stop for a few hours. At first it was planned that he was going to stop 15 miles away but I got a nice wake up phone call asking me how many miles it was for him to take a different highway. The highway he wanted to take comes right through our town. And so I looked it up and it was only 30 miles and so he took the detour and came home. It was so nice to see him. I waited, like a school girl waiting for her crush, by the place he was going to park. And then here came his purple monster trucking down the hill. I couldn't wait for him to jump out of the truck. I almost yelled at him to hurry up. I didn't want anything else but to get into his arms for a hug and kiss. I was able to meet his student and we went to lunch, and then his student went to the truck for a nap and we went home to see our girls (the dogs). They were happy to see their "dad" . We had some nice alone time, huddled in eachothers arms. And then work. It made me wish I was off but nope, couldn't. And so I watched the love of my life drive away. This is what I posted on facebook during the time it happened:
And there goes my working man, walking to the truck to leave. It was nice to have him here for a few hours. Although I want him to stay he must go and my heart swell with pride for he is out there trying to make a better living for us.
Mixed emotions as I watch him from my work, happiness and sadness both trying to pull at my heart. Surprising its not like the other times that it feels like my heart is breaking. I guess I am coming to terms with the fact that he is out there trucking along. I may not get to watch his truck pull out of town; I may not need to see it happen. All I know is I will probably have a customer and when I look out afterwards his truck will be gone. But I do know no matter where he goes he will be in my heart and I in his. For right now we love each other, and plan on it for years to come.
I was able to watch him leave, him in the passenger seat his student at the wheel. His student blew the air horn as the pulled away; I think this is gonna be a tradition from now on. I wanted to cry but I told myself not to, it’s not like he is driving out of my life forever, he will return. My heart aches for him to be here by my side, but he must go and drive into the sunset. He is my knight in shinning armor.
And so here I am at home alone, without my husband. But I am very greatful Heavenly Father was able to bless us with a short visit. My heart is also filled with pride and happiness knowing that he is out there working, trying to better our lives. I love this man, the one I met 11 years ago at the College of the Sequoias who had me at "I'll be back. I'm going to get a 25$ taco."

No comments:

Post a Comment