Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mom's favorite

I can not remember my mom's favorite color, or her favorite food but there are other things that I can remember that is her favorite.  Her favorite perfume to wear, Primo Perfume By Parfums De Coeurto this day I buy it at the store just to smell her. 
Her favorite tv soap opera. , , and .  When I was young we used to watch those shows together, I continued watching them, okay only one which is One Life to Live until it was taken off the air.  Now I watch General Hospital but only because some of the One Life to Live characters went to gh, at least for now. 
her favorite church hymn was Because I have Been Given Much:

Because I have been given much, I too must give. Because of they great bounty, Lord each day I live.  I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see,  who has the need of help from me.
Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care, I can not see another's lack and I not share.  my glowing fire, my loaf of bread my roof's safe shelter over head, that he too may be comforted.
Because I have been blessed by thy great love dear Lord, I'll share thy love again accoording to thy word.  I shall give love to those in need. I'll show that love by word and deed, thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.

When looking for this beautiful song I found out that this song is a poem put to music, and that not only does our church have it as a hymn but the baptist church has it also. 

Because I Have Been Given Much
Poem
Lyrics: Grace Noll Crowell
Music: Robert Gross Lds: Phillip Landgrave
Because I have been given much I too must give
Because of Your great bounty Lord each day I live
I shall divide my gifts from You
With ev’ry other that I view
Who has the need of help from me
Because I have been sheltered fed by Your good care
I cannot see another's lack and I not share
My glowing fire my loaf of bread
My roof's safe shelter overhead
That someone may be comforted
Because love has been lavished so upon me Lord
A wealth I know that was not meant for me to hoard
I shall give love to those in need
Shall show that love by word and deed
Until my thanks be thanks indeed


No comments:

Post a Comment