Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bag Lady 10-14-08

This story I was way fun to write.  I wrote it when I was working at comfort suites.  My coworker and I would laugh so much, she helped me draw some of the drawings.

This Is The Story Of The Bag Lady



            The bag lady is not of this city, she hails from Arkansas. She moved down here in 1995, with a promise from her son that she could live with him.  Well things were going alright until….that dreaded day that her and her daughter-in law had a fight.  From then on they could not get along, all they did was try and out due the other.  The son got tired of them fighting, so he sat them down one day and spoke these words,
            “Mother, Darling I want you to hear my words, I do not want you to fight, I do not want you to argue, I just want you to sit there and listen to what I have to say. Nood your head if you understand.  Good then we are all on the same page.  Darling, I love you so much with all my heart, you are my wife, but you have to understand this is my mother you can’t try in compete with that.  You must understand for 25 years my mother was the only woman in my life, if she thinks that I like this instead of that then you must believe her.  But on the other hand, mother you know I love you more than anything on the earth but you must realize I am married to Darling now and she must learn on her own. If you guys can’t get along than I'm sorry mother I have to ask you to leave, but Darling if I have to ask my mother to leave you have to leave too. Don’t think that I am going to live with some one for the rest of my life is she can’t get along with my mother. “
             And with that he was done speaking, the wife not heading his words just made matters worse for the mother and her, and the son not going back on his words,  kicked his mother and wife out.  Both of them went on the streets, unknown to most. But I did hear some rumors that I will share.   The mother if you see her is some times in the downtown area, the wife well lets just say that she up and disappeared, some say that she is still around and some say that she jumped off of the over pass to the freeway.  If you ask the bag lady you won’t get a straight answer all you will get is mumbles and a few words out of her.  Some times she does say, “we fight, day.” Some times she says, “heaven Darling, sleep tight, fight, marry had a sheep, son left.” 
            You can say that mother dear has lost it.  Now here is the recent picture of mother, in a wanted poster, as you can see she ain't too well.  As for darling and son well I can’t say much I just hope in time that they realized what they did to that poor bag lady!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment