Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Stress, what for?

You know it's funny how us humans stress over the smallest things.  For instance, money and bills.  Payday is coming up soon and so I start making my list of bills, when they need to be paid, what check is going to pay them.  And no sooner do I make the list and add up all the expense do I start stressing over it.  WHY???? I wish I knew the answer!  It's not like the bills are not going to get paid, or even just a partial payment to keep the essentials on.  Goodness.  Bills are my number one stresser, number two is having enough money to keep Chango feed while he is away from home.  I love how Alma put it in the Book of Mormon: 
                                          Alma 39:14
14 Seek not after riches nor the vain things of this world; for behold, you cannot carry them with you.

And yet I still stress over money.  I know the Lord will provide for me if I just ask him to.  He has done it so many times in the past.  Has found a way for me to pay the bills when I thought there was no way and they were on a disconnection notice.  Jacob has even said to seek the Lord:   Jacob 2:18
18 But before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the kingdom of God.

I must remember that no matter how much I make, or my husband or how little we have I must still remember the Lord in good times and in bad.  The Nephites show such a good example in  Alma 62:49
49 But notwithstanding their riches, or their strength, or their prosperity, they were not lifted up in the pride of their eyes; neither were they slow to remember the Lord their God; but they did humble themselves exceedingly before him. Jacob reminds us that we must seek Christ and also have charity:  Jacob 2:19
19 And after ye have obtained a hope in Christ ye shall obtain riches, if ye seek them; and ye will seek them for the intent to do good—to clothe the naked, and to feed the hungry, and to liberate the captive, and administer relief to the sick and the afflicted. I must not be like the people in Helaman 13:22
(22 Ye do not remember the Lord your God in the things with which he hath blessed you, but ye do always remember your riches, not to thank the Lord your God for them; yea, your hearts are not drawn out unto the Lord, but they do swell with great pride, unto boasting, and unto great swelling, envyings, strifes, malice, persecutions, and murders, and all manner of iniquities.) And not remember to thank my Heavenly Father for all he has given me, my job, my husbands job, our home, our car, our family.  For without him we wouldn't have everything.  It pains me that I am not always thanking him for the things he has given me.  I must remember to always count my blessings!!
I must remember:

Alma 37:36

36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment