Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mail

Okay so I work in the post office.  Since I have been here I have noticed that people do not check their mail on a regular basis.  Goodness, trying to stuff more mail in an alread full box it pretty dang hard!!! I just don't understand them.  Sometimes I don't check my mail on one or two days, but mail for me is kind of like getting presents on Christmas.  You never know what is going to be in the box.  I know it's a pain when all that seems to come is bills, you get one paid and then it seems like the next day they are sending you another bill.  Or what about that junk mail??? I hate getting it in my emails, but getting it in my snail mail is kind of fun.  I think it's because I can rip it up and toss it in the trash.  But the best thing is when I know I am getting a package in the mail.  The anticipation of waiting for it to come, not what day it is going to be there (unless you track it online, but even then you never know exactly what time it is going to get there), and then when it finally comes you rip into it, open up what ever you ordered and then bam, the excitement is gone.  Once again like presents.  But there are customers here that have let their packages sit for almost a week, and yet they are notified that they got their package.  I just don't understand who people don't really care to check mail.  Chango and I are always fighting (not litterally) to see who is going to check the box, most of the time it is him because I am at work.  But when I get to check it, I get happy.  The only time I hate to check the box is when I open it and all I see is the back of the box.  Standing there laughing at me, telling me haha looser no one loves you.  I have to admit I do get a little upset when I don't have at least one piece of mail, even if it is junk mail I don't care.  I guess you can say I'm just a little weird.  But ever since I was a kid I used to love getting the mail.  I remember seeing the mail man at the corner and I would go and stand by my box with a big smile.  He would hand it to me and I would almost run inside to give it to my parents.  But oh man if the mailman didn't hand it to me,  I never liked him from that day on.  My mom also liked our mailman, she would make fresh home made tortillas (enchilladas, you name it) and put a letter on the mailbox telling him to honk cause she had a present for him.  After a few times he came to know what to expect.  Lets just say the mailman was gaining a tad bit of weight.  I think I might have gotten of my soap box....seems like that.  But anyways, I wish I could leave a note in the box telling them, "hey why don't you keep your box clean so I won't have to struggle to get more mail in it." LOL oh well, can't do nothing about it but complain to myself and hope the next day when I come into work my customers cleaned out their box. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment