Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas traditions

Last night I set. Up my Nativity set. I combined some of my statues that I bought and painted with my moms set that she got from a relief society activity that my church has. I remember the night she got them, I was able to help her paint one of the statues. Ever since she got them each Christmas we would set it up in the house and then hide baby Jesus until midnight on Christmas eve. So now in my older years I still keep that tradition alive. I set out my set and baby Jesus is still packed away until his birth on Christmas day. Its funny each time I pass a nativity set I just want to take te baby Jesus and id him until Christmas. I love how our parents traditions are passed on, and when I have my children I will pass it on to them.
My set with Mom's set
Mom's set

No comments:

Post a Comment