Friday, September 30, 2011

Has the Book of Mormon changed my life?

This week the missionaries were joking with me about teaching the lesson for our weekly meeting.  And so after much consideration I went to lds.org and found an article that was in the Ensign back in 1992. It talked about how the Book of Mormon has changed their lives.  It was a really good article.  As I put together the lesson for the missionaries, thinking how can I teach the missionaries about the gospel that they don't already know. And so I choose to make it into a testimony building lesson.
But now the question in my life is how has the Book of Mormon changed my life?  I look back to when I was reading the Book of Mormon and I didn't have a life changing event while reading it for the first time.  I have been a member of my church since I was young, and even though I didn't read the Book of Mormon I have always had a testimony of it, that I know it is True and also another testimony of Jesus Christ.  But I can not say that the Book of Mormon has changed my life dramaticly.  Maybe it has changed my life, and I just haven't noticed it yet.  Maybe one day I will wake up and go oh yeah it has changed my life this way and that way. 

But right now I can say, I have read it, I understand it.  I know it IS another testament of Jesus Christ. That when Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected that he came to the Americas, and possibly to other countries and visited them and preached his gospel.  I know that the Nephites and the Lamanites lived and testified of the Christ.  I know that If you do not believe in the Book of Mormon, that if you open your heart to it and read with a sincere heart that you will come to know that it is true. That doesn't mean you have to become Mormon.  I know that the Book of Mormon CAN change lives, even if it didn't change mine right away. I bear my testimony of the Book of Mormon, in Christ's name....Amen.

http://lds.org/ensign/1992/10/by-faith-restored?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment