Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bad mouthing a mom is not cool.

Today I was at a friends house and her oldest boy kind of ticked me off and I snapped at him just a tad. (And Friend if you are reading this I am sorry if I mad you upset when I did it.)  He was mouthing off to her, and back talking and I just couldn't stop my mouth from saying, "Why are you mouthing your mom like that? I wish I still had my mom." (or something on the lines like that, it just came out.)  I know he is a teenager and going through what the teenagers go through, but here he is around the age that I lost my mom and the way he was treating her that day just didn't sit right with me.  I wish I had my mom, so I can hold her and hug her.  To tell her I love her, just to see her everyday.  He gets that.  His mom has been ever so nice to him, from what I see when I am there, she doesn't require too much of him just to help around the house since he is of that age.  He is not treated like a slave like some moms do out there.  She doesn't raise her voice to them. When she does ask of them she says please and thank you.  So I see no need for him to back talk the way he was. 
I guess what I was really wanting was to take him aside and  tell him, "Look I was 12 years old when I lost my mom.  I would do anything and give anything to get her back.  Here you have a mom that loves you and does everything in her power to provide for you.  The way you talk back to her is uncalled for.  Just think what if today you spent your day the way you have been and tonight something happens to her and you loose her forever.  Think of how you would feel then. Think of how hurt you would be.  Think about that each and every time you back talk her.  Treat each day as if it was the last.  Yes some things may not seem fair to you, but she is teaching you life long lessons.  Cherish the time you have with her.  You are so lucky to have your mom, I wasn't she had to go to Heaven and help out up there."
But I just sat there and didn't say anything. It hurts to see kids not listen to their mom, they don't know how lucky they are that they have their mom.  Especially since that mom is kind and caring like my Friend. If only kids knew the pain I went through growing up without their mom, they would think differently on how they treat and act towards mom.

I love you mom, I will see you when my life has come to an end and we will be together forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment