Thursday, March 28, 2013

There can be angels here on earth.

Today is my birthday.  I should be happy that it is my day, but I am not.  I don't have any money to enjoy a nice dinner, or even throw a birthday party, not even to put gas in my tank.  My checking account is over drawn, which I hate!!! I guess I am just being selfish. I should be happy. I should rejoice that I am alive, that I am so important that Heavenly Father has given me life, a wonderful family, and wonderful parents.  I should count my blessings, and say  "yes today is my birthday, no I can not celebrate, but I can rejoice because I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father who loves me and I love him. But yet, I don't.  I wallow in self pitty because I can not have a party, or a grand dinner. 
I was talking with one of my customers today, and I let it slip that today was my birthday but yet I was down because of my troubles I was having.  We talked a little bit, and I got busy here at work.  About thirty minutes later , could be longer,  she comes in with a pretty pink bag. (Of coarse I think it's pretty, its my fav. color) In the bag there is a Marie Calender's turtle pie and what looks like a small bag or book wrapped up on the bottom.  I told her she was going to make me cry and she said oh stop and took off.  I unwrapped the book and it is entitled "Jesus calling; enjoying peace in his presence" by Sarah Young.  It's a book of devotions for every day of the year, I opened it and started flipping through the front of the book.  She wrote on it Happy Birthday, Adriana. (how cute she missed spelled my name) and so I decided to flip to today's date.  The little book mark ribbon was in the middle of the book and I thought to myself, Maybe she marked today.  When I opened the book to that page there was a $50 bill folded in half with a sticky note saying "Do Something for You! :) Renee".  All I could do was cry!!!
She did this out of the kindness of her heart.  Why, because she was showing charity.  Heavenly Father used (prompted)  her, to do his will.  She didn't have to give me anything, but because of her love and her willingness to follow our Lord, she did.  He worked through her to tell me, "My child, you are loved.  I am here for you, no matter what you go through. I love you, your sisters in Christ love you. No matter what you go through you are loved." Heavenly Father truely has angels here on earth that he works his ways through, today I was able to see one.



No comments:

Post a Comment